BLACK ROCK FC TO JOIN
USL ACADEMY LEAGUE IN 2021
USL Academy League Confirms Founding Northeast Division Members 13 clubs to compete in Northeast Division in 2021 including Black Rock FC.
TAMPA, Fla., Tuesday October 20th, 2020 - The United Soccer League (USL) confirms the founding members of the USL Academy League’s Northeast Division. The inaugural season of Academy League play is due to kick off in Spring 2021, and will provide clubs in all three of the USL's senior divisions with an elite youth development and competition platform.
Founded in 2013, Black Rock FC has established itself as a preeminent club in America having produced many top college players and young professionals. The club has gained national acclaim for its exciting brand of attacking football and its focus on player development. The current club structure provides development opportunities from grassroots to USL League Two, the highest level of amateur football in the USA. Using football as a vehicle, Black Rock FC seeks to help young men and women further their life opportunities by emphasizing academics, community, leadership, service and global-minded thinking.
"The USL Academy provides another layer to our development pathway at the top end of our youth offering" says Black Rock FC Founder, and CEO, Jon Moodey. "The USL Academy League and Academy Cup will give our boys regular games against top competition and a proving ground to be evaluated for our USL League Two team. Our goal is to win trophies and we expect to be competitive at the national level."
Black Rock FC USL Academy team will be based out of the Black Rock FC Residential Academy | Northwood School but will remain accessible to high school age boys across all Black Rock FC programs.
The 13 clubs set to compete in the Northeast Division of the inaugural USL Academy League are as follows:
• AC Connecticut (USL League Two)
• Black Rock FC: Lake Placid, NY (USL League Two)
• Boston Bolts: Boston, MA (USL League Two)
• Cedar Stars Academy: South Hackensack, NJ (USL League Two)
• FA Euro New York: New York, NY (USL League Two)
• Hartford Athletic (USL Championship)
• Ironbound SC: Newark, NJ (Part of the New York Red Bulls’ player pathway)
• Long Island Rough Riders: Long Island, NY (USL League Two)
• Morris Elite: Madison, NJ (USL League Two)
• Queensboro FC: New York, NY (USL Championship)
• Seacoast United: Portsmouth, NH (USL League Two)
• Westchester Flames: Westchester, NY (USL League Two)
• Western Mass Pioneers: Ludlow, MA (USL League Two)
Regional alignment for the USL Academy League announcements continues on Wednesday October 21st, 2020, with the unveiling of the Atlantic Division. For more information on the USL Academy League, visit: www.usl-academy.com/academy-league